19th February, on this day in 1923, in Thebes, Egypt, English archaeologist Howard Carter enters the sealed burial chamber of the ancient Egyptian ruler King Tutankhamen. King Tutankhamen is known as king tut also.
Why King Tut is so famous?
The reason that Tutankhamen is so well known today is that his tomb, containing fabulous treasures. He was the youngest king ever lived. Tut became the next King after Akhenaten at the age of nine. Because of his youth and inexperience, Commander Aye, who was his uncle as well as his private advisor, actually made the important decisions for him.
Another reason that king tut’s s so famous is that his tomb was untouched for over 3,200 years and was the only tomb in the valley of the tombs to contain this magnitude of treasure.
What did archaeologists find in pyramid ?
King Tut’s Tomb – List of Contents The following content list describes the breathtaking treasure and different types of objects, many of which were made of gold and silver and encrusted with precious jewels, which were found in the tomb of Tutankhamen.
King Tut’s wealth included,
- Jewelry including Bracelets,
- Ear Studs and Rings 6 Chariots Couches Chairs
- 2 Thrones
- Ritual beds and Headrests
- Anthropoid (man-shaped) Gilded Coffins the Solid Gold coffin
- Shrines – Canonic shrine Burial shrines
- Funeral Equipment
- Naos covered with gold lamina- a shrine in which statues were kept – this naos was empty but decorated with scenes of daily life and hunting
- Gilded statues – Anubis and life size sentry statues and other statuettes
- Daggers and other weapons and shields
- Musical Instruments
- Scribal Equipment
- Caskets, Vases and jars
- 139 ebony, ivory, silver, and gold walking sticks
- Clothing made of the finest linen – 50 garments including tunics, kilts, gloves, scarves and headdresses
- Ostrich fans and Golden Fans
- Games – Ebony gaming boards including Senate
- Food and Wine – 30 jars of wine
- Perfume, oils and ointments
If you take a look on the list you will find that there are plenty to things like clothes and food.
Why they put these thing in the grave/pyramid?
Because the ancient Egyptians saw their pharaohs as gods, they carefully preserved their bodies after death, burying them in elaborate tombs containing rich treasures to accompany the rulers into the afterlife. The people there believes that if we put these things on our king, after this life when he will reborn these things will help him. (To born rich again)
Another thing that make king tut mysterious is that King Tut pyramid is cursed. There are evidences also which shows that this could be true. When Howard Carter opens the tomb of king tut the climate around the pyramid changes mysteriously. According to some people that was the sign showing Carter that you should not proceed. Many peoples of Carter’s group died mysteriously.
Maybe that was an incident or maybe not!
If you like our work the don’t forget to hit likes on our facebook page.